November 28, 2022
Buffalo, New York, officials confirmed Monday that the shooting suspect who killed 10 people and injured three others, 11 of whom were black, at a supermarket Saturday visited the area months ago.

Buffalo, New York, officials confirmed Monday that the shooting suspect who killed 10 people and injured three others, 11 of whom were black, at a supermarket Saturday visited the area months ago.

The suspect, Payton Gendron, an 18-year-old resident of Conklin, visited Buffalo in early March. Monday’s revelation that Gendron traveled to the area earlier this year came after Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said the shooting was premeditated.

WHITE HOUSE SAYS BUFFALO SHOOTING IS ‘ABHORRENT TO THE VERY FABRIC’ OF US

“Information has also come as a result of some of this investigation that the individual was here a few months ago, back in early March,” Gramaglia said at a press conference.

Gramaglia went on to emphasize that investigators are still digging through evidence as the investigation into the alleged racially motivated shooting at Tops Friendly Market continues.

Gendron reportedly targeted the Buffalo area because it “has the highest black percentage that is close enough to where I live,” he wrote in a 180-page manifesto posted online, according to CNN.

“There’s a lot of digital footprint, electronics we’ll have to go through. So that process is ongoing,” Gramaglia added.

Earlier Monday, Gramaglia indicated that the attack was premeditated, as the shooter had gone to “scope out” the scene the day prior.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

Gendron is expected to appear in court for a felony hearing Thursday, District Attorney John Flynn said.

Leave a Reply