May 18, 2022

The data is clear: Residents of Democrat-run states are fleeing at alarming rates. Many are choosing Republican-run states as their destinations of choice. And while it’s not clear yet what this mass migration of “leftugees” means for the power of blue and red states, one thing is clear: Liberal policies are failing in real-time on a spectacular scale that this country has never before seen.

‘); googletag.cmd.push(function () { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1609268089992-0’); }); }

Studies Show Blue States Are Hemorrhaging Residents

According to a new survey that studies the migration patterns of Americans within the United States, liberal-run New Jersey led the nation with 70 percent of all people involved in moves fleeing the Garden State (compared to just 30 percent who migrated in).

Illinois, home of the crime-ridden liberal haven of Chicago, came in second with 67 percent of moves resulting in residents leaving the state and just 27 percent involving inbound moves.

‘); googletag.cmd.push(function () { googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1609270365559-0’); }); }

New York, another liberal hotbed, came in third on the list. In total 63 percent of movers kissed the Empire State goodbye, while just 37 percent decided to move in.

Connecticut wasn’t much better. More than 60 percent of all moves were outbound, while just 39.9 percent were inbound.

Rounding out the top five is California, with 60 percent of moves involving people leaving the state and just 40 percent involving inbound moves.

Michigan, Massachusetts, and Louisiana come in sixth, seventh, and eighth, respectively, which gives Democrat-run states a clean sweep of the top eight outbound states. Ohio (ninth) and Nebraska (tenth) are the only Republican states in the top 10.

Where are all of these people moving, you might ask? The top 10 inbound states of 2021 were:

  1. Vermont (Blue)
  2. South Dakota (Red)
  3. South Carolina (Red)
  4. West Virginia (Red)
  5. Florida (Red)
  6. Alabama (Red)
  7. Tennessee (Red)
  8. Oregon (Blue)
  9. Idaho (Red)
  10. Rhode Island (Blue)

For those counting at home, red states make up seven out of the top 10 states for inbound moves. Vermont, Oregon, and Rhode Island are the only blue states to make the list.